Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Boston Marathon Bombings

Man Being Carried Away by Medics After the Attacks

This is way too personal for me. I live in Boston, this literally happened in my own backyard. I am furious. Three people dead, including an eight-year-old boy, and hundreds injured. This is horrible. People are dead because some lunatic(s) wanted to send some sort of message? What has this world come to?

I remember when nine eleven happened, everyone was panicked. Today I'm getting a similar feeling of panic. We don't know who did this and why, and that's what scares us. 

In recent months, we have had different events shape our nation, and they all have to do with violence and killing. In Colorado, we had the Aurora Shooting and it changed the way we view films and how we handle midnight showings. The theater workers had to check my purse when I was forced to go to the midnight premiere of Breaking Dawn by my friends and I noticed a little higher than usual police presence around the theater.

Then we had the Newtown shootings. That affected me so badly I couldn't return to school for two days after it happened. And when I did return to school we went under lock down for an hour because some idiot joked about shooting up the school on Facebook. (No one found it funny.) And now, if you're late to school you have to state your name to the intercom thing out front and enter through the main office and confirm who you are then get an office detention for being late.

I really hope that what happened in Boston doesn't change anything too drastically. I don't want the tradition of having the Boston Marathon end because some lunatic(s) had to make some big statement by blowing up the sidewalk near the finish line. I want there to be a one-hundred eighteenth race and a one-hundred nineteenth race and a two-hundredth race and a one-thousandth race. 

I really think everyone should read Cameron Smith's blog post on Yahoo! Sports. It really captures what I can not because he was actually a few blocks away from the finish line at the time of the bombings.

Here's what I initially posted on Facebook when I found out about the attacks:

 First Aurora, then Newtown, now this? This is so horrible! It makes me so sick. Why do people do things like this? They're all horrible monsters. So far two dead and twenty-tree injured. For what? So you can send some sort of political message? So you can kill your "enemies"? Just for fun? I swear to god what ever this person gets at the end of their life is too good for them. Even rotting in hell is too good for them. My heart goes out to the families of the dead and injured and the thousands upon thousands of people effected by this.
Some Tweets:













Video of the Explosion:



No comments:

Post a Comment